Snipping tool is one of the best built-in Microsoft’s famous applications, which is pre-installed in the windows, which helps to take screenshot easily. As in mac snipping tool also pre-installed but with low features. You must be looking for the best snipping tool for Mac? Here is the right place where you will get what you want. Many users are finding the best snipping tool for advanced purposes on their mac device.
Most popular reasons for which users require advanced best snipping tools are following
- To keep records of essential files and web pages which cannot be downloaded
- To share the screen with friends, family and other users
- To take screenshots and send them to colleagues and other work partners
- To create video tutorials for students
Most of computer and laptop users use snipping tool for many different purposes.
Before moving next, keep that in mind that all the snipping tools are not the same. They differ by many properties such as zooming ratio, adding text, or by adding different shape.
How to Use Mac’s Built-In Snipping tool
You want to take a screenshot, the first thing you would want to use is pre-installed snipping tool or a built-in mac’s snipping tool on your Mac system.
Following are the steps which you need to apply for using Mac’s Built-In Snipping tool
For capturing screen at any time press Command + Shift + 3 keys simultaneously
For capturing a screenshot of a boxed area press Command + Shift + 4 keys simultaneously
For capturing a screenshot of an active window press Command + Shift + 4 + Space keys simultaneously
To copy your screenshot to your clipboard press Command + Shift + 3 + Control keys simultaneously
Third-party Snipping tool
Keeping aside Mac’s built-in snipping tool, Mac user can also use third-party snipping tool which will enhance the functionalities of their built-in tool.
The third-party tools have extra features which will increase performance other than the pre-installed tool of Mac. The best snipping tools for Mac are listed below.
A powerful screenshot program by Tech Smith allowing Mac users to capture a screenshot quickly. Sangit most popular and best snipping tool for Mac. Having a beautiful interface. This tool provides the facility to capture a screenshot or whether you record screen. It is a powerful tool to capture a screenshot with advanced features quickly. Most of the content creators are using this tool. Because it is containing to maximizing the needs of capturing a screenshot.
- The interface is straightforward to use and user friendly.
- Allows taking a screenshot of the area you want, whether it is full screen or only a small portion of the screen.
- It offers a wide range of editing and capturing tool, with beautiful and comfortable user experience.
- It has its editor tool. Whenever you capture a screenshot, it will open the editor tool for further exploring your screenshot.
- It is compatible with both the main platforms Windows and Mac. You can download it and use its 15 days of free trial.
Lightshot is one of the best tools for both Windows and Mac. For listing the best snipping tools list, it cannot be forgotten. It has many features that attract users to use this software. One of the best and user-friendly tools for snipping on Mac. Because of this, users can use it easily. The user just needs to press the print screen button on the keyboard and select the area which the user wants to capture. All the rest of the work, the app will do in all. It is a lightweight software. Users can edit the captured screen before saving. Like adding text, shapes, with different colors.
- It allows the capture screen with friend and colleague, with the help of social media
- It is not only limited for Mac OS is also available on Windows
- User can find similar images from Google by using this tool
- Upload and save images on Prntscr.com
- Easy to use in the interfere
- It has a powerful photo editor
- It is one of the lightweight software
- Best customization for your capture
Jing is another one of the best snipping tools for your Mac device. After Sangit it is another screenshot program by Tech Smith. Its visuals are a lot of premium and luxurious looking, offering the users to capture a beautiful and informative capture that can describe the whole condition for which the screen is captured. This tool is pretty easy to use the user can use it easily its drag, and select function provides help to the user to capture the screen quickly and continuously. The user can easily share his screen over the Jing app.
- It allows user to capture active window on his desktop
- Allow user to capture any part of the screen
- Allow simply sharing the screen with friends and colleagues
- It provides 2GB free space to store screenshot to its user.
- There is a toon of the library of text tools and hundreds of shapes to create a relist screenshot.
- A new user can easily capture a screenshot by its user friendly
Monosnap is one of the beautiful best third party snipping software for Mac. It is also available for Chrome and Windows. By using monosnap tools, the user can capture the full screen or selective size of the screen. When the user captures the screen, he will get an option for annotation and editing the capture. Users can share the capture with his friends and colleagues.
User can select the image and save it in any image format, and forward the selected capture to other editing apps. Like Adobe Photoshop.
Monosnap not only provides the image capturing. It also offers features to record screen and creates a video.
It provides free cloud storage. Monosnap has earned a 4.3 star rating on the Apple App Store.
- User can customize the hotkeys according to his need.
- Have a verity of editing tools.
- Having Blur tool to hide the private information of the user
- User can highlight important details with pen, text, arrows and shapes
- Provides free cloud storage to the user
- User can share his masterpiece with one click.
- User can also create videos and animated gifs
- It also connects with your Evernote, Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex. Disk and Box.com
- User can also add his capture to FTP, SFTP, WebDAV or S3 server
- It provides the facility to upload the video over YouTube and Monosnap directly
A beautiful tool developed by Yellowmug. It is a fantastic snipping tool for Mac. It is one of the best snipping tools for Mac. It allows the user to capture a full screen, a specific portion of the screen, or only an active window on the screen. Yellowmug provided two types of subscriptions for this tool. A free subscription with low features and paid subscriptions with more advanced features like user can resize the image, assign global hotkeys, and turn off adverts. Also, users can share their capture over social media platforms link Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Messages, etc. Users can save the capture in multiple formats like (PNG, JPEG, or TFF). It is recommended to use the free version first and then use the paid version if the user would like to buy it.
- User can capture the screen, window or selective portion with one click
- User can organize the folders
- User can annotate over the capture without losing the previous capture.
- The app runs in the background
- User can batch rename
- Save capture in different formats
- User can share his capture over Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Messages
One of the famous and advanced snipping tool for Mac. Including a large number of features with it like the ability to copy the capture on the clipboard, or send it over to the cloud-based programs like Dropbox, Flick, Imgur, Confluence, Box.com, IRA, Picasa-Web, or as well as to user’s printer. The best snipping tool for Mac having Open Source Licence. Users can edit the capture with its built-in editor to create a masterpiece. The feature of blurring the private information in the capture proved that it is capable of making it in the list of top best snipping tools for Mac. Users can customize and personalize the hotkeys to make its better functionality and also friendly to use.
It is easy to install, and it is also user friendly. It quickly gets installed. When the user selects the area to capture it makes that area to green and when the user hears a shot sound which means that the selection is captured. User can mark over the capture with built-in tools. User can save the capture in different image formats like (BMP, GIF, JPEG, and PNG).
Firstly Greenshot was only available to Windows users only. Later on, their team released Greenshot tool for Mac also. Remember this is an open-source tool for Windows but for Mac it is available for only in $1.99. Which is too much cheaper as user compare the features provided by it.
- It is easy to use
- It froze the screen when the user captures
- Allows to annotate and highlight the main parts of the capture
- Allows to hide the personal information by using its blur tool
- Allows saving the capture in multiple formats.
- Copy the capture to clipboard
- User can customize the hotkeys according to his requirements
- It is an Open Source Program
Skitch is the best snipping tool for Mac. Skitch is an elegant, simple, useful snipping tool and markup editor for macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. If you want to capture the best screenshot for your business, team, or friends. This amazing tool is designed and developed by Evernote. This program has only seven tools, but these seven tools are provided all the capabilities to you, which you would ever need in the best snipping tool.
User can add shapes, arrows, text, and draw over the images with multiple colours. Also, user can blur the private information available over the image. It is accessible to the user, and it is as much user friendly that the user can quickly figure out the whole interface. While taking a screenshot the selected area lights up and promptly mention that which section will be included in the capture and which portion will be excluded. The only one thing which is terrible in this tool is that colour chooser is limited; this has only eight colours to choose. User cannot save the file locally.
- It is easy to use
- A simple person can also use it easily.
- No professional-level skills are required to use this tool
- It is integrated with Evernote
- It supports PNG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, as well as PDF.
Cloud app is another one of the best snipping tool for Mac allows you to capture your screen for recording and screenshot purposes. This tool is used to capture images, videos, gifs as well as webcams; also, this claims that this tool does this 300% faster. Users can fastly access the Cloud app as it comes on the toolbar. As the user downloads and installs this software, this will saves much of his time for taking Screenshots. Users can add annotations to the capture.
Cloud app is an advanced app allowing its users to capture and share their screen. The user can upload his captures over Cloud app and also add password protection to secure his capture. This tool is available for platforms like Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- User can quickly create video and gifs
- Captures are automatically uploaded over the cloud
- Easy to user
- User-friendly interface
- Excellent support team
Snapz Pro X
This tool is one of the oldest snipping tools to be used on the Mac platform. It is still the best snipping tool for Mac. It is one of the favorite tools of old users as well as the new users of Mac. This tool is one of the best tools which is used to record tutorials. This a powerful tool for capturing screen to create videos. The screenshot captured is also customized by editing and annotations provided by this tool. As this is a powerful tool so this tool never lacks on its features.
- The main feature is that the user can create a video of his capture. As this tool is widely used by most of the tutorial building users.
- This tool is also be used for the screenshot
- Providing the ability to edit the captured snaps with a vast range of powerful customization.
Hare, we have listed the best snipping tool for Mac. The tool which you need to use is that tool that meets the best with your requirements. We have tried our best to provide the best snipping tool for Mac. If you are a content creator and tutorial maker then get that tool that provides the best facility to record the screen. If you are a business owner then you do your get the best tool with notations and shapes, also if that tool has a blur option then that will be the best one.
We hope after reading this post you will easily get the best snipping tool for Mac.